Monday, November 12, 2007

New after-fire smoker

Well, we almost lost the house in the October 2007 wildfires in San Diego. Inches. Just a few inches of concrete is what saved the house. The gardens, roses, orange, oak and avocado trees were not as lucky.

So what does Jen do while we are at the store buying parts to fix the pipes that burned off and needed to be capped? She buys me a new smoker! Ironic since just a few days before she turned down an invite to a great smoked-food restaurant because she didn't want anything to do with smoke or fire...

A few parts were missing, so I called the manufacturer and they are being shipped. I hope to have them in a few days.

This smoker is a little bigger, and can be lifted off of the charcoal pan. Very nice. This is the style of older smokers I have seen - nice to have that access to add more charcoal or wood.

I also learned a few weeks ago that the chunks of wood I have been using are too large. So I will be trying some new techniques in my new smoker here soon.

Jen is even talking about me doing a turkey for Thanksgiving...could be interesting.

No comments:

Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring BBQ Webring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next BBQ Site - Next 5 BBQ Sites - Prev BBQ Site - Random BBQ Site

Join the BBQ ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring BBQ Webring member's BBQ sites

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring BBQ Webring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster