Friday, February 29, 2008

March Meat Madness is Upon Us!

This Saturday is the first California BBQ Association event that I will be going to - it is called a Backyard Competition. It is a mock competition for teams to get in some realistic practice with judging and everything - but with a bit less pressure. A great place to try out a new rub or smoking technique.

I have signed up to be a judge. Since it isn't a real competition I can also spend time hanging out with the teams and trying to pick up some BBQ tips. This will be great - I can hang out at the pits, and then also learn some things about judging!

I am hoping to get to a Certified BBQ Judge class this year. Then I can get my CBJ title and go to other real events as a judge. There is class in Nevada in May. Jen will be taking the class as well.

This will be a long day, but one that will be a lot of fun and I hope one that will also help my smoking efforts.

No comments:

Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring BBQ Webring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next BBQ Site - Next 5 BBQ Sites - Prev BBQ Site - Random BBQ Site

Join the BBQ ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring BBQ Webring member's BBQ sites

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring BBQ Webring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster